Manastir Ćelija Piperska
07/01/2010
Perast
09/01/2010
Show all

Grmožur

FORTRESS GRMOŽUR is located on the island in the northwestern part of Lake Skadar. Built by the Turks 1843rd , and the liberation wars of 1846-1848. yr. Montenegrins captured. Since that time the fortress was, by decree of Prince Nicholas, was used as a dungeon. At the beginning of the twentieth century was destroyed in an earthquake. Form fortress is adapted configuration of the terrain and covers the entire surface of the island – about 430 square meters. The fort has two entrance gates with two defense towers of different shapes. There is a tradition that no one managed to escape from Grmožur, and work rules stated that if one of the guards a prisoner escape, he takes his place and serve his sentence.

Translated with Google Translator

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoJSON-LogoGeoRSS-LogoWikitude-Logo
Grmožur

loading map - please wait...

Grmožur 42.236389, 19.131944 Grmožur