This church (Sv. Arhandjela Mihaila) is located on the upper square of the Old city, called Belavista, and which is nowadays called the Herceg Stjepan Square. The constructing of the church began in 1883. There very several architects building this church, and the project, which finalized it, was done by Milan Karlovac in 1905.
The church was built from finely carved ashlars of the Korcula stone. It was finished and consecrated in 1911. Due to its overall space concept in the Byzantium style, ornamental elements of Roman-Gothic and Islamic reminiscence, this eclectic edifice represents an incredibly successful and imaginative combination of different styles, and it is one of the most beautiful churches in this area.
The iconostasis was made of white, Italian marble by master Bilinić from Split, and icons were made by the Czech painter Franjo Cigler.