ST. JEROME CHURCH
It is located in the Old city, on the lower square the Mićo Pavlović Square. It was built in 1856. On the same location, in the 17th century there was a Catholic parochial church dedicated to St. Jerome (Sv. Jeronim), the protector of the city. That church was torn down in the 19th century and on the same location the present church was erected, a much more spacious one.
This church holds works from one of the greatest baroque painters, Tripo Kokolja from Perast.
ST. LEOPOLD MANDIĆ CHURCH
Upon the liberation of the city from the Turks, the Venetians built a convent in 1688, and a small church adjacent to it, dedicated to Holy Virgin Mary. Later on, the church was dedicated to St. Franjo, and recently, more precisely in from 1976, it was dedicated to St. Leopold Bogdan Mandić, who was born in Herceg Novi and was proclaimed a saint in 1983 by the Pope John Paul II.
The church is located near the church of St. Jerome, somewhat closer to the sea. The building of the church was ordered by Jeronim Korner after the city was conquered by the Venetians.