The fortress of Kosmač is situated on a hilltop adjacent to the village of Brajici, near Budva, at a height of 800 metres above sea level.
It was built between 1841-50 by the Austrians at the border between Montenegro and Austria.
The entire fortification is built of finely dressed grey limestone from local quarries. Its ground plan is irregular and elongated, with two wings separated at its centre by a large circular tower. The fort consists of the ground floor, upper storey and a large basement, in all around 1064m2.